With the demand for permanent professionals outweighing the availability of candidates companies are having to raise the bar for salaries to draw in new recruits. To retain staff, there are many who are retaliating with a counter offer. Either way, it’s a good time to plan your next move because if you’re a skilled professional looking for a permanent role you could well have the upper hand.
According to the latest KPMG/REC report on the job market, average starting salaries for permanent staff reached a 17 year high last month. Permanent salaries have been steadily rising over the last year but showed the sharpest rise in June.
“Employers seem ready to ‘splash the cash’ in what appears to be a desperate attempt to lure skilled staff from competitors”, says Bernard Brown, Partner and Head of Business Services at KPMG. Interestingly though, candidates are not being swayed easily, which means moving jobs now could also provide you with more choice in terms of the job options open to you and less competition.
Don’t wait until after the summer to start planning your next move. Begin with a browse of our latest jobs below.
* Revenue Accountant - Kuoni, London
* Senior Manager - Coca Cola Enterprises, London
* Finance Director - Coca Cola Enterprises, London
* Assistant Financial Controller - Sony, South East
* Business Analyst - Amazon, Hemel Hempstead Town
* Director, Accounts Receivable - Discovery Corporate Services Ltd.
* FP&A Manager - Discovery Corporate Services Ltd.