Permanent recruitment drive tops agenda for accounting & finance hiring managers
62% of recruiting employers are looking to onboard accounting & finance professionals on a permanent basis, according to a new hiring intentions survey from specialist recruiter, Robert Walters, covering the second half of 2014.
A similar percentage – 63% - of those looking to hire are focusing on junior or entry level professionals, increasing team size and ensuring resources are available at all levels throughout the business. Only 4% are preparing to downsize accounting & finance departments.
The survey also indicates that more accounting & finance hiring managers are ready to hire than those recruiting insurance, tax or financial services professionals.
Recruitment consultancies are the most popular means of hiring, according to seven in ten hiring managers. Internal human resources are preferred by 62% and company website advertising by 42% of survey respondents.
Andrew Setchell, Director of Accountancy & Finance Recruitment at Robert Walters, says: “Investment in new hires is a sign of increasing confidence and an indication that recruitment volumes are returning to levels seen before the recession. As conditions improve we are seeing more job seekers seize the opportunity to move into a new role, with demand for newly qualified accountants particularly high.”
Notes to editors:
The Robert Walters Client Hiring Intentions Survey 2014 surveyed hundreds of employers across fifteen verticals on a range of questions, including readiness to take on new staff, at what level and factors most affecting hiring.
Latest opportunities from Robert Walters on GAAPweb include:
- Reporting Manager, London | £55,000 to £68,000 per year
- Financial Controller, Bedfordshire | £55,000 to £65,000
- Group Statutory Reporting Manager, London | £55,000 to £60,000 per year
- Commercial Manager, Northampton | £40,000 to £45,000 per year
- Management Accountant, London | £40,000 to £45,000 per year
- Head of Billing and Assurance, Burnley | £45,000 to £55,000 per year
- Legal Entity Controller, London | £400 to £500 per day
- Head of Finance, London | £65,000 to £78,000 per year
Browse more of their latest roles here